The Bellingham DVR office is currently recruiting for a Rehabilitation Technician position. They are hoping to attract a talented and diverse group of applicants. The position provides paraprofessional and technical support to Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and other professional staff in our office in Bellingham, WA. In this role, you'll provide support to VR professionals to assist customers with disabilities to achieve competitive employment.
Some of what you will do:
- Conduct interviews with potential customers to explain vocational rehabilitation programs
- Provide caseload management assistance to Rehabilitation Counselors; draft and pay Authorization for Purchase of Client Service
- Assist in collecting medical record information to be used in determining eligibility; enter customer information in our database
- Assist in monitoring customer progress towards achieving employment goals
- Schedule appointments for customers to meet with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and assist in maintaining contact with customers
- Register vendors that provide goods and services to DVR customers
- Prepare correspondence to customers, vendors, and others
- Maintain electronic and paper case files
- Support reception at the front desk and act as an initial point contact for potential customers
To learn more about this job and how to apply, check out the online job posting.