Is your family prepared? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Click each heading for more information:
Have a kit that will allow you to shelter in place without leaving your home and that can be taken with you to a shelter if needed. Your kit should be tailored to meet your family’s needs. Be sure to include supplies for elders, people with special needs, pets, and children, if needed.
Talk to your family and create a communications plan to use in case of an emergency. Where will you meet? How will you stay in contact? Designate a meeting points near your home and outside of your neighborhood. Identify an emergency contact person who lives out of state.
Know what to expect in case of an emergency and know what to do to protect your health and safety. What are the hazards in your area? How will you find good information in case of emergency? Sign up for emergency alerts so that you can receive updated and accurate information during an emergency.
- In case of emergency: call 911
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Skagit County Emergency Management: 360-416-1850
- Skagit River Level Hotline (recording): 360-419-3425
- Skagit County Shellfish Safety Information: 360-419-3305
- Sign up for Emergency Notifications
About this Project
This web page was produced by the Samish Indian Nation Planning Department with support from the Washington State Department of Health as part of a project aimed at increasing the personal public health emergency preparedness of the Samish community.
We would like to acknowledge the contributions of the following agencies and departments to this project:
- Washington State Department of Health
- Skagit County Department of Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Samish Longhouse
- Samish Chelángen Department
- Samish Elders Program